About this blog...

sans objet (S.O.): the French equivalent of n/a, not available (or applicable). ''Sans'' comes from a combination of the Latin words sine and absenti, which mean ''without'' and ''in the absence of'' respectively. ''Objet'' also comes from Latin ''Objectum'' meaning something thrown down or presented. That being said, I chose this blog title when I didn't know what kind of posts I would be throwing down. Now that I have written a few entries, I would say that reading my blog means joining me on an etymological adventure that starts in France (where I am currently residing) and ends with me googling definitions and translations and then rambling about it.

Monday, January 9, 2012

New Things

I started training for my new job as a Dietary Clerk.
I finished reading my first ebook on the ereader i got for Christmas (Hard Times by Charles Dickens. I enjoyed it a lot).
I conveniently got two books in the mail today: Remedial Christianity and Language through the Looking Glass (it's an introductory linguistics book).
My resolution for 2012 was to become a vegan. I actually read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and thought it had a lot of great advice about living a vegan lifestyle. I've been trying all sorts of new recipes and enjoying it very much. Tonight I made curried sweet potato soup and braised red cabbage. I've also given up alcohol and caffeine.

I sound boring. Maybe that's why I don't blog much any more. Every night I've been journalling on paper (then reading an ebook). I feel happier: I am happy working, cooking, eating, reading, knitting, walking. I like the pink sky in the mornings and the sunsets at 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment