About this blog...

sans objet (S.O.): the French equivalent of n/a, not available (or applicable). ''Sans'' comes from a combination of the Latin words sine and absenti, which mean ''without'' and ''in the absence of'' respectively. ''Objet'' also comes from Latin ''Objectum'' meaning something thrown down or presented. That being said, I chose this blog title when I didn't know what kind of posts I would be throwing down. Now that I have written a few entries, I would say that reading my blog means joining me on an etymological adventure that starts in France (where I am currently residing) and ends with me googling definitions and translations and then rambling about it.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Other blogs I read

Maybe I should just start blogging about the crazy word usage of another blogger that I know. You can read his blog here:
http://consweatman.wordpress.com/

Last week, I learned the word panopticon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon
Amazing. How did this word escape me for 22 years?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXav-PljwtE
"Do you know what this is, son? This is the panopticon". I heard that song for the first time 5 years ago.

Today I started to read Con's blog and only got as far as "multifariously".

I read other blogs too, I think there's a section on my blog that shows which ones I follow. I really enjoy "Smother Goose" which is someone blogging about twisted children's tales. I also read my friend Sandy's blog. She's a journalist who likes to blog about cats.

3 comments:

  1. "feels so confluent and earnest
    it doesn’t seem like pastiche"

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, I blog about what inspires me. Yes, this happens to be mostly cats. Other things might come up though.

    ReplyDelete